Thursday, October 4, 2012

I dug this up (quite literally)

Here's a poem I found in an old notebook lying under a pile of other half-used notebooks (I'm thinking of selling them all on eBay as 'slightly used'). It was scribbled in during the days I fervently listened to Billy Joel ('She's Always A Woman' in particular), you might make out its influence. So here's the original in poetic style:

And Hark! She growls, she groans,
She grieves and laughs;
Her mood swings
could be plotted on graphs

those who're voracious
may pilfer her food
for she hardly eats any,
hence won't think you're rude

On having an epiphany,
she gets so ecstatic.
She claps like a seal
A sight, melodramatic!

And here's the poem re-written in lyrical style:

Hey, listen! she growls, she groans,
she cries, she laughs;
her mood swings can be
shown by graphs.

if you're hungry,
you can steal her food,
she doesn't eat any
so won't think you're rude

when she gets an idea
she's so ecstatic
she claps like a seal!
how melodramatic!

Didn't feel like expanding on it (no muse to inspire me). Doesn't even come close to 'She's Always A Woman'; but hey, that's why he's Billy Joel and I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment